- Breastfeeding Multiples
- Breastfeeding Twins and Attachment Parenting Site
- La Leche League International
- Georgia Legislature SB123 a.k.a. "Twin Bill" Law protecting your parental rights regarding classroom placement as passed on 5/29/07
- Tully Report Research reported in the April 2004 journal Twin Research (Vol. 7, No. 2, pp.115-124) entitled: What Effect Does Classroom Separation Have on Twins' Behavior, Progress at School, and Reading Abilities?
- Separate or Together? NOMOTC's page on classroom placement
- Twins in School: What Teachers Should Know Article from the ERIC Clearinghouse on Elementary and Early Childhood Education
- Twins/Multiples in School A three-part article on making the decision about classroom placement
- Twins Law website Resources on twin legislation across the United States
- Two, Four, Six, Eight: Educating Twins, Triplets and More This website is based out of Australia, but provides invaluable research and downloadable resources for parents regarding classroom placement
of multiples from preschool to high school
- Alfy - Free kids' games, clip-art, online puzzles and more
- Family Fun
Magazine - Ideas for family craft projects, cooking ideas, and
other neat things families can do together
- Kaboose -
on parenting, crafts and more along with links to kids' games at Funschool and Zeeks
- Atlanta Triplets & More
- Gwinnett Mothers of Multiples Club
- Intown Atlanta Parents of Multiples Club
- North Fulton Mothers of Multiples Club
- Northwest Atlanta Moms of Multiples Club
- Southern Crescent Multiple Blessings
- Southside Mothers of Multiples Club
- Marvelous Multiples - Multiple birth educational resource for parents. Offers local classes, and has useful links on website. Recommends taking classes early in your second trimester.
- MOST - Mothers of Supertwins - An international support network of families who are expecting or are already the parents of triplets or more.
- Multiples Guide at About.com - Pamela Prindle Fierro is your Guide to Parenting of Multiples at the about.com website. Offers useful information and has a great newsletter too!
- The Triplet Connection - A "Network of Caring and Sharing" for multiple-birth families. It provides vital information to families who are expecting triplets, quadruplets, quintuplets or more, as well as encouragement, resources, and networking opportunities for families who are parents of larger multiples.
- Twin Connections - This site shares news stories and events about twins
- Twins Magazine - need we say more?
- Twin Stuff - community for twins, triplets-and-higher and their families.
- Twins World -
"Keeping Twins Connected Around the World!"
- Atlanta Parent - Website which includes family oriented articles and information about local events
- BabyCenter.com is a destination on the Internet for new and expectant parents, together with its companion site ParentCenter.com, a Web resource for parents of children ages 2 to 8, is dedicated to helping you find the information and support you need during pregnancy and in caring for a baby, toddler, or child.
- Fly Lady - Do you feel like you could use some help getting your house (and life) in order? Is your sink shining and are you dressed to your shoes? If you are living in CHAOS (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome), this link is for you. Also has a mentoring program via yahoo groups email.
- Happy Baby Solutions - "Bliss for your Baby" This group of baby nurses/professional infant specialists are trained to provide "renowned infant calming and sleeping techniques" for your infants during the first 12 weeks of life.
Macaroni Kid - Online listing of
upcoming area events that are child/family friendly
- Multiple Birth Families - This website provides insight and support to families dealing with the loss of a twin.
- Center for Loss in Multiple Birth, Inc. (CLIMB) - Founded in 1987, CLIMB, Inc. helps parents who have experienced the death of a multiple or multiples during pregnancy, birth infancy or childhood. It publishes the quarterly "Our Newsletter" and has an active parent contact network. Various articles and assistance are available to parents of twins clubs, professionals and parent support groups.
- Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep - This website is full of photos dedicated to families dealing with early infant loss
- Perinatal Loss - This website provides contact information and pastoral care information for anyone dealing with the loss of an infant.
- SHARE: Pregnancy and Infant Loss Support, Inc. - Provides support toward positive resolution of grief experienced at the time of and/or following the death of a baby. This support encompasses emotional, physical, spiritual and social healing, as well as sustaining the family unit. Provides information, education, and resources for the needs and rights of bereaved parents and siblings. Offers community aid to those involved with the bereaved.
- Twin Hope, Inc. - Offers services to families, educates the public and professionals, and broadens the awareness of Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome and other twin related diseases. Provides ongoing support for multiple birth loss and a free, bi-annual publication titled "TwinLines" with mothers stories and a medical update. Twin Hope distributes educational manuals, brochures, and literature to families and medical professionals.
late Dr. Raymond Brandt, whose
identical twin was accidentally killed at age 20, founded and directed
Twinless Twin Support Group. The Twinless Twins Support Group, a
resource for families who have experienced a death or terminal illness
of a twin or other multiple.
- Parents Partnered for Preemies - This website provides information on programs and support groups offered by Northside Hospital in relation to premature infant birth.
- It has great articles and a lot of information It wish I had when my
guys were little. There are advertisements for vendors with wonderful
specialty items that are really helpful.
- Fetal Hope Foundation - Provides support, information, education about TTTS and other fetal distress syndromes affecting twins and multiples during pregnancy. Funds research into TTTS and fetal distress syndromes (acardiac twinning sequence TRAP; amniotic band syndrome” ABS; fetal lower urinary tract obstruction” FLUTO). Operates call center and message board to help families save babies' lives. Fundraising efforts include national pledge drive and annual TTTS Race for Hope in Denver, Charlotte, Seattle and Los Angeles. Collaborates with leading TTTS laser surgeons and medical centers treating multiples in utero.
- Monoamniotic - An online support organization for parents who have been diagnosed with monoamniotic, monochorionic twins. This site contains the most current information available about monoamniotic twins and the various treatments used by the medical community.
- Sidelines - A network of support groups across the country for women and their families experiencing complicated pregnancies. Bedrest , preterm labor and other issues addressed here.
- Twin To Twin Transfusion Syndrome Foundation - Founded in 1992, The TTTS Foundation is an international 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to providing educational, emotional, and multiple birth loss support to families, medical professionals, parents of multiples, clubs, and other caregivers before, during or after a diagnosis of TTTS. The organization's mission is saving the babies, improving their future health and care, furthering medical research, and keeping families together the way twins are meant to be. TTTS newsletter and many resources available upon request.
- Twin 2 Twin - The UK Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome Association is made up of parents, caregivers and research professionals all dedicated to raising awareness of the syndrome, funding research, and providing care and advice to parents. The aim of the organization is the preservation and protection of the health of unborn babies suffering from TTTS by the provision of information, advice, and support.
- Baby Linq - This company knows how hard it is to find nice preemie clothing. Their line of Chuckleberries preemie wear will end your search. Made of the softest cotton you'll find anywhere and with the most darling designs, your preemie will have the best in baby fashion! You'll find coordinating outfit sets for head to toe or single items to supplement what you already have. And you have two sizes to choose from: Preemie, 4-6 lbs. or NICU Preemie, 1-3 lbs.
- Bargain Watcher - This is a website which is run by a local Atlanta mother of twins who posts all the consignment sales in the Atlanta area (including ours!) on her website. This is a great resource for finding out when and where the sales are!
- To buy Two - Recommended by another mother of twins, this is a neat site for multiples. This is a website like E-bay, where you can bid on items exclusively for multiples!
- 2 by 2 - Canadian-based twin mother-owned company that produces t-shirts and giftware for twins and mothers of twins. She plans on expanding her line to include higher order multiples, fathers, grandmothers/grandfathers of twins etc. in the future.
- T is for Twins - "A" is for apples of my eyes, "B" is for babies, full of surprise. Follow this delightful rhyme through T is for Twins and watch how the author captures the essence of the twin relationship by pairing each letter of the alphabet with an adorable photograph of a set of twins. Parents and children alike will enjoy cozying up together to share this warm book and take a closer look at what makes twins so special
- Unlimited Additions provides matching and coordinating clothing for infants and toddlers, particularly boy and girl twins. Most of the matching clothing is geared towards boy and girl multiples but there are matching and coordinating outfits for boy/boy and girl/girl as well.
- The Arc of the United States - This national organization on mental retardation provides support and services for individuals with mental retardation and their families. This site provides links to local chapters as well as national information on disabilities affecting people with mental retardation.
- The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association - The mission of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association is to promote the interests of and provide the highest quality services for professionals in audiology, speech-language pathology, and speech and hearing science, and to advocate for people with communication disabilities. This site provides resources for parents as well.
- Center for the Study of Autism - This site offers lots of wonderful articles about issues affecting autistic children, related disorders, sibling relationships, and new interventions/therapies.
- The Council for Exceptional Children - The largest international organization working to promote better learning opportunities for children with disabilities and children who are gifted.
- ERIC Clearinghouse on Disabilities and Gifted Education - This site is literally a clearinghouse of education articles and information for parents and educators of children with special needs.
- Special Education Resources on the Internet - Sponsored by Hood College in Frederick, MD, Special Education Resources on the Internet (SERI) is a compilation of general disabilities information with extensive links to products for the disabled and resources for those with physical and health impairments.
- United Cerebral Palsy Association - Their mission is to advance the independence, productivity and full citizenship of people with cerebral palsy and other disabilities.